We all desire to have a naturally glowing skin, for which we put in lot of efforts, we be very particular about what and what not to use, but after certain point, it becomes traditional practice and our skin becomes resistant to it. Then, skin demands for something additional in order to boost the radiance. That’s how, the picture of body scrubs came into existence.Lets look at the few home made body scrubs for glowing skin.
1. Sugar based scrub- Sugar & salt are the two main ingredients which are the must haves in the pantry and go hand in hand for exfoliating the skin, with this,
You can add tomato which work miraculously for removing the tanning and uneven skin tone.
Coffee can be added with granulated sugar along with olive oil so as to make the mixture smooth and easy to apply.
Those who have dry skin, they can go for banana and sugar scrub, as only sugar scrub might irritate the skin because of harsh granules. and it will work wonders for them.
Massage it for 5-10mins and then wash off with lukewarm water.
2. Green tea and sugar scrub- Green tea is an excellent exfoliator in terms of the removal of the dead skin impurities and works immensely well to tighten the skin and reducing scars. You can take 2 green tea bags, granulated white sugar and coconut oil(quantity would depend upon the consistency you want for the mixture). Massage it for good 10-12 mins and wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Gram Flour and any skin nourishing oil- This ingredient is one of the most old and traditional item present in our kitchen. Out of my own experience, i can claim this as one of the most effective scrub. i use this scrub through all seasons except winters and could witness the change in the color of my skin tone. In love with the result of this scrub. Instead of oil, you can add curd or lemon which has a bleaching element also. Its a cost effective method.
4. Chocolate Scrub- The way chocolate gives delight to our mouth , it gives true delight to the skin also. You require white sugar+ brown sugar+ cocoa powder+ coconut oil and slight vanilla extract. Mix it and apply and enjoy the pleasure in your skin. Keep massaging it for 5-10 mins dedicated for each part of the body and rinse off with lukewarm water.
5. Organic Turmeric Scrub- In my child hood , my mother especially used to take the organic turmeric and mix it with a small portion of rice , and that used to be the mandate process before we start for the meal, off course it used to be a torture to the taste buds and i did all possible attempts to skip that part. Now, i realize the importance of that mandate process. turmeric has antiseptic and anti bacterial elements which helps in maintaining the skin. You require turmeric powder+ granulated sugar+ coconut oil.
6. Lemon Sugar Scrub- lemon is rich in vitamin c which is booster to the skin lightning and has anti antioxidants present. It maintains the PH level of the skin.. You need lemon juice, sugar and honey. Massage it for 5 mins as a whole and wash off with lukewarm water.